Lostock Hall station is situated 2 ¾ miles south of Preston. The original station was close to a large railway junction which linked services from Blackburn and Preston with destinations all over the county. The original station was closed and demolished in 1968 but was rebuilt and reopened in 1984.
Lostock Hall became a mecca for rail enthusiasts in the late 60s when the engine shed sited adjacent to the old station became one of the last working steam sheds in the country.
The station is close to the village centre which has a small shopping area.
Lostock Hall Station
SD 547255 – for a map visit www.streetmap.co.uk and enter the grid reference.
Timetable from 18 May 2014
Colne to Preston & Blackpool South - to 5 October 2014
To get live arrivals and departures for your station click here.
- Unstaffed station
- Hourly service to Preston & Blackpool South and Colne
- Limited peak service York and Preston & Blackpool North
- Waiting shelters
- Additional seating on platforms
- Long Line Public Address
To see National Rail’s new station facilities page for this station click here.
- A frequent bus service (109, 111, 113) passes the station on Watkin Lane – click here for bus timetables
- For a bus map of the Preston & South Ribble areas click here
Weather for this station
Click here for the weather forecast for this area